Bayern Munich wants Olivier Giroud

The German champions are light on strikers with only Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller at Jupp Heynckes' disposal...Olivier Giroud is reportedly on their radar.
 Giroud in action against Bayern during the 5-1 defeat at the Emirates last season
According to reports, Bayern could turn to Arsenal striker Giroud to help take the burden off Lewandowski.

Giroud says he plans to stay with the Gunners beyond the January transfer window — despite being only a Premier League sub.

The France striker, who scored in Friday's 2-0 friendly win over Wales, has not made a single league start for Arsene Wenger's men this season.

Instead, he has made TEN appearances from the bench, with Alexandre Lacazette or Alexis Sanchez getting the nod.
Giroud is Wenger's main forward in the Carabao Cup and Europa League and has bagged two goals in six games.

The Gunners hitman was linked with Everton and West Ham in the summer.

But he opted to stay at the Emirates and fight for a starting spot. Giroud, 31, said: "I am not questioning myself about my future.
"I am happy at Arsenal and I am fine with the decision to stay, because I want to. I am thinking the story between the club and myself was not over and not finished.

"We will see what happens but I am happy at Arsenal for now."

Lewandowski is keen for a back-up striker to join and allow him a breather at the end of games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog